"health insurance is a luxury I
cant afford on my own. I need help and am not exactly sure where to get
it. I dont know what government programs out there I would qualify
Maximizing Your Healthcare
You have made a smart investment in your health and
financial stability by participating in your company's health insurance plan.
Your company may offer a choice of health plan options and benefits. If so, you
will want to evaluate your benefits and services and select the ones that will
maximize the health care coverage you and your family need.
Questions to consider when evaluating health plan
- What overall health plan benefits are you receiving
for the cost? Consider:
- Pharmacy benefit for prescription drug coverage
- Behavioral or mental health coverage
- What is the out-of-pocket maximum that a
participant can reach before the health plan waives additional out-of-pocket
charges for the participant for the remainder of the year?
- Does the health plan offer a wide choice of health
care providers, hospitals, and medical groups that employees can easily access?
Are your health care providers on the health plan network?
- How much are participant's co-payments at time of
- Does the health plan require that you meet a
deductible before health plan benefits are in effect?